Full time, permanent job in Bulgaria, Remote
We are partnering with a FinTech UK based company that was created with one mission: to revolutionize the broken financial system and change small business finance!
They have created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Their investors have lent £8.1 billion in 110,000 loans to 77,000 small business owners. In a single year ,the company unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Purpose of the role
The driving force behind the world’s leading platform for small business lending is the engineering team.
They are a diverse group from more than 25 different countries and cultures who bring together a wide range of backgrounds and experience (from music to aerospace engineering).
By focusing entirely on using technology they provide the best experience for the borrowers and Investors.
Building elegant, sustainable, and scalable solutions that can be applied globally is their craft.
The team works in small agile teams, practicing continuous integration and TDD.
- Become part of the up-and-coming FinTech sector by working for one of the most promising technology-intensive companies in the industry.
- Write applications that are the backbone of the business: from managing the loan lifecycle, handling payments to reconciling the company books and records.
- Be part of a team that works together to design, code, and test solutions. Your voice will be heard at all stages of software development.
- Deliver innovation through software to automate processes that enables the platform to operate at scale.
- Work with the latest technologies in distributed systems, Kafka, functional programming languages, AWS systems and infrastructure and more.
- Become part of a dynamic, employee-oriented, fast growing company that is fun to work for.
- See your work in production, delivering benefits to millions of customers around the world.
- Desire to switch to Clojure programming with no requirement for prior experience in it
- Solid knowledge of OOP principles and paradigms
- Excited to learn from some great engineers
- Pair programming mindset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- An interest in Functional Programming, Distributed Systems or Event-Driven Architectures
The project tech stack includes, but doesn’t require you to know the following technologies
- Apache Kafka
- Apps written in Ruby, Clojure
- Postgres DBs
- Various big data platforms
- Mesos,Marathon and Kubernetes
The company offers
- 25 days paid leave to enjoy with your family and friends
- Premium Additional Health Insurance for you with an option to add a family member
- Exceptional Social Package & Special Discounts
- Multiple Tech & Non-Tech events
- Fruity Afternoons & Beer Thursdays
- Excellent Office Location close to the South Park & Paradise Mall
- A wonderful mountain-view terrace available to relax, party & work from
- Free Bike Parking
This is the perfect time to learn and grow. To join this forward-thinking, highly professional and collaborative team, send a CV in English with contact details.
You may also like this position - Software Developer