Senior Quality Engineers
Full time, Permanent, Remote Job anywhere in Europe
Remote IT World helps Tech and Blockchain Professionals to get hired for 100% remote jobs.
We are a first-choice staffing partner of high-growth startups and scale-ups worldwide.
Ready to embrace freedom and flexibility?
With one of the new crypto and blockchain partners, we are hiring
Senior Quality Engineers
Our partner is a remote-first internationally recognized FinTech company. They build the digital bank of the future. The platform bridges the gap between traditional finance and cryptocurrencies.
Since their foundation in 2014, they have successfully launched one of the leading Bitcoin storage solutions. Over 4 million users adopted it. Currently, they are the first institution of its kind to offer access to both BTC and USD.
Right from the beginning they have been operating fully distributed and have been attracting worldwide talent without any exceptions. The team size consists of over 150 professionals across 50+ countries distributed anywhere around the globe. And scaling even more.
We are now looking to onboard more talented professionals, as the organization is currently expanding all of its teams. There are many open positions with room for high career growth.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – they believe that diversity is critical to success as a global company. An inclusive workplace is the foundation and allows them to create products that cater to clients around the world.
Are you open for a challenge?
Our partner is currently changing its approach to Quality - from its current Quality Assurance (closer to Quality Control) with a big focus on manual testing - to Quality Engineering, with a shift in the Quality activities left, making Quality the responsibility of the whole team and much more attention given to test automation.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to join their team and become a Quality role model that will help build a Quality Engineering function within the organization. You will bring your Quality knowledge and experience to ensure the quality activities are successfully done by the team, as early as possible, with a significant focus on the prevention of bugs so that the best system is built as the desired outcome.
The structure in Quality Engineering:
Head of Quality Engineering directly reports to the CTO and leads the Quality Coaches towards implementation of the Quality vision. We have Quality Engineers inside each team, they are reporting to Quality Coaches, which are supporting multiple teams each.
The focus is on empowering teams to deliver software with built-in Quality at high speed, not dictating or doing top to bottom decisions, instead, we provide all of the required knowledge, data, and instruments to achieve the desired level of Quality.
- Make sure that the team is aware of real product quality and its customer experience impact.
- Be aware of business priorities and use this knowledge during Test Planning and discussions.
- Proactively raise any Quality related issues.
- Actively participate in all meetings to ensure that Quality aspects are taken into account.
- Ensure that all components have a clear Test Strategy and everyone on the team onboard with it.
- Make sure that all deliverables have the desired level of Quality and clear testing evidence.
- Ensure that Root Cause Analysis and Escaped Defect Analysis was done for bugs & incidents.
- Focus more on Quality Management and less on Testing.
- Manage Quality related tech debt items in the backlog of the team.
- Ensure that test cases are properly organized and up-to-date.
- Ensure that Monitoring & Alerts are in place, up-to-date and continuously reviewed.
- Make sure that Quality Engineering Metrics are collected, continuously reviewed and acted upon.
- Do Pair Testing, a lot.
- Make sure that even after going on vacation for 1 month, the team can continue delivering with close to the same speed.
- 4+ years of experience in Quality Engineering roles.
- Experience ensuring Quality of Mobile applications as well as Backend services.
- Previous experience in doing both UI and Backend Test Automation.
- Involvement in Test Automation Framework from scratch is a plus.
- Excellent understanding of CI/CD patterns and good practices, with focus around Quality aspects.
- Experience in working with microservices architecture.
- Experience working with close collaboration with Software Engineers and Product Owners with focus on enabling the whole team to deliver quality software and not trying to be bottleneck in any Quality question.
- Experience with working in Agile (Scrum or Kanban) and understanding of how to set proper Quality processes within such teams.
- Strong focus on data-driven decision making.
- Autonomy and proactivity skills.
- Ability to communicate both written and spoken in English.
- 100% Work from anywhere
- Equal employment opportunity
- Open date B2B contract with excellent terms
- Get paid based on skills, not based on location
- High growth career opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Top notch tech stacks and processes
- High salary, DOP
- 35 days of paid vacation per year
- Access to trainings and certifications
- Company Shares because ownership mentally matters 😉
And there is more…
- 30-min Get-to-know call with HR
- Optional test
- Technical Interview with a team member
- Final conversation with Head of Department
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Your job search is strictly confidential.
Subscribe to our weekly job alerts and be the first to hear about the latest remote job offers.