Senior Platform Engineers
Full time, Permanent, Remote Job anywhere in Europe
Remote IT World helps Tech and Blockchain Professionals to get hired for 100% remote jobs.
We are a first-choice staffing partner of high-growth startups and scale-ups worldwide.
Ready to embrace freedom and flexibility?
With one of the new crypto and blockchain partners, we are hiring a few
Senior Platform Engineers
Our partner is a remote-first internationally recognized FinTech company. They build the digital bank of the future. The platform bridges the gap between traditional finance and cryptocurrencies.
Since their foundation in 2014, they have successfully launched one of the leading Bitcoin storage solutions. Over 4 million users adopted it. Currently, they are the first institution of its kind to offer access to both BTC and USD.
Right from the beginning they have been operating fully remote and have been attracting worldwide talent. The team size consists of over 150 professionals across 50+ countries distributed anywhere around the globe.
We are now looking to onboard more talented professionals, as the organization is currently expanding all of its teams. There are many open positions with room for high career growth.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – they believe that diversity is critical to success as a global company. An inclusive workplace is the foundation and allows them to create products that cater to clients around the world.
Are you open to a challenge?
A cloud-native application platform that automates infrastructure provisioning and configuration, dynamically allocating and reallocating resources at deploy time based on the needs of the application. Building on a cloud-native runtime, optimizes application life-cycle management, including scaling to meet demand, resource utilization, orchestration across available resources, and recovery from failures with minimum downtime.
The Platform Team also has a role to play in developer mentoring and support and helping Development Teams understand how good cloud-native software operates.
In successful software organizations, development teams can consume core services in a self-service manner from a central platform team. Examples of such services include:
- Infrastructure provisioning (Compute, Network, Storage)
- CI/CD pipelines and underlying tooling
- Standardised mechanisms to log, monitor and troubleshoot their services in all environments
- Codified templates to create new services in line with agreed architectural patterns
We are looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to kick off this exciting new role and grow in a team as a leader.
The development community is your core customer. The driving principles that underpin this function are:
- A focus on the ongoing sustainable maintenance and operability of our developer platform.
- Adopting cloud native principles and a focus upon relentless automation and testing of change.
- We will only operate what we absolutely must, favour buy over build and SaaS over on-prem.
- Providing high quality fast feedback to development teams.
- Building a platform that is architected to scale and handle change, be that new services, new customers, new regulations, new tooling or a change in demand.
- Proactively work to identify and reduce toil through the implementation of sustainable automated mechanisms
- Build high quality observability into everything we do by building self serve alerts, dashboards, metrics and events.
- Deliver self-serve capabilities to our developers that allow them to provision, manage and operate their own infrastructure.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to colleagues around how to build sustainable services.
- Participate in our on call rota.
- Keep security and compliance at the forefront of all you do.
- Strong problem solving skills and a growth mindset
- A deep technical knowledge of software and systems
- Ablity to dive into details with engineers and speak in plain language with stakeholders.
- Stays abreast of current technology developments.
- Experience building immutable Infrastructure and Configuration as code, experience working in a GitOps environment.
- Comfortable in a variety of scripting and coding languages
- Deep knowledge and experience in designing, deploying, and administering complex Amazon AWS cloud environments. Preferably AWS certified.
- A good understanding of the Amazon Well Architected Framework.
- Strong understanding of Docker and best practices.
- 100% Remote work from anywhere
- Equal employment opportunity
- Open date B2B contract with excellent terms
- Get paid based on skills, not based on location
- High growth career opportunities in a rapidly growing company
- Top notch tech stacks and processes
- High salary, DOP
- 35 days of paid vacation per year
- Access to trainings and certifications
- Company Shares because ownership mentally matters
And there is more…
- 30-min Get-to-know call with HR
- Technical Interview with a team member
- Final conversation with Head of Department
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Your job search is strictly confidential.
Subscribe to our weekly job alerts and be the first to hear about the latest remote job offers.