Senior PHP Developer
Full time, Permanent, Remote Hybrid Job in Sofia, Bulgaria
Remote IT World helps Tech and Blockchain Professionals to get hired for 100% remote jobs.
We are a first-choice staffing partner of high-growth startups and scale-ups worldwide.
Ready to embrace freedom and flexibility?
For one of our trusted partners, we are looking to hire
Senior PHP Developers
The company is a UK-Bulgarian-based FinTech start-up that revolutionizes the digital payments industry. They are building an app that enables merchants to accept payments directly on their phones. This is a leading software point of sale (softPOS) technology turns any NFC-enabled mobile device into a payments terminal, helping the world’s leading banks, retailers, and other payment businesses to meet the growing demand for contactless payment flows.
The company culture speaks CARE. It's a mixture of fun, advanced technological challenges, ample opportunities for growth and ambition to be at the forefront of the digital payments industry.
Purpose of the Role
As a Senior PHP Developer, you will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. The position is lead-oriented, suitable for people who want to grow professionally.
- Develop applications for financial & payment products
- Optimize the applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Update, repair, modify and develop existing software and generic applications
- Test sample data sets to check that output from the program works as intended
- You are a BE centric developer using PHP with Symfony
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Strong knowledge of OOP, MVC, data structures, and algorithms
- Hands-on experience with PostgreSQL or MySQL
- You appreciate the creative and problem-solving environment
- Ability to work in high-intensity environments
- Understanding that keeping well-structured, testable code is as important as moving fast and iterating
- Working experience with Agile methodology
- Excellent spoken and written English.
The Company Offer
- A challenging job in a premium professional environment - their office is based in a nice and location-friendly zone, close to metro station
- Work from home policy for the time being with flexibility in the future
- Opportunity to stay current with technologies and advancements in the field with a renowned brand in the digital payments industry
- Professional development opportunities including future leadership positions
- Competitive salary + flexible bonus scheme
- Annual company retreats
- 25 days Paid Annual Leave
- Share options
- Your birthday is on the company
- Private Health Insurance
- Interview with HR аnd CTO
- (Optional) Take home short assignment
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Your job search is strictly confidential!
Subscribe to our weekly job alerts and be the first to hear about the latest remote job offers.