Senior PHP Developer
Full time, Permanent, Remote Hybrid Job in Sofia, Bulgaria
Remote IT World is a global citizen company.
We're the preferred HR and Staffing Partner of remote employers.
Our craft is helping Tech and Blockchain Professionals worldwide land rewarding remote jobs.
For one of our partners, we are looking to hire from 7 to 10
Senior PHP Developers
The company is a UK-based FinTech start-up that patented the first-ever entirely software-based POS terminal. Their vision is to create a product that revolutionizes the digital payments industry.
They started the product with the dream to make payments less complicated and cumbersome for millions of merchants. The product offers rapid digital deployment and is uniquely phone and bank agnostic.
If you enjoy cutting-edge projects and you are a rock-solid PHP Developer - this is a place with an excellent perspective for professional development.
Join this exciting team with the promise to stay current with the technologies and advancements in the digital payments industry!!
Purpose of the role
As a Senior PHP Developer, you will be responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. The position is lead-oriented, suitable for people who want to grow professionally.
- Develop applications for financial & payment products
- Optimize the applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Update, repair, modify and develop existing software and generic applications
- Test sample data sets to check that output from the program works as intended
- You are a BE centric developer using PHP with Symfony
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Strong knowledge of OOP, MVC, data structures, and algorithms
- Hands-on experience with PostgreSQL or MySQL
- You appreciate the creative and problem-solving environment
- Ability to work in high-intensity environments
- Understanding that keeping well-structured, testable code is as important as moving fast and iterating
- Working experience with Kanban methodology
- Excellent spoken and written English.
The company offer
- A challenging job in a premium professional environment - their office is based in a nice and location-friendly zone, close to metro station
- Work from home policy for the time being with flexibility in the future
- Opportunity to stay current with technologies and advancements in the field with a renowned brand in the digital payments industry
- Professional development opportunities including future leadership positions
- Competitive salary + flexible bonus scheme
- Annual company retreats
- 25 days Paid Annual Leave
- Share options
- Your birthday is on the company
- Private Health Insurance
- Interview with HR аnd CTO
- (Optional) Take home short assignment
If you will be a part of a highly ambitious, innovative, market-leading FinTech this is the right time. They are uncompromising in their desire to achieve their best, day-in-day-out being brave, exceptional, and working together.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Your job search is strictly confidential!
Subscribe to our weekly job alerts and be the first to hear about the latest remote job offers.