Senior Java Developer
Full time, Permanent, Remote in Europe
Remote IT World helps Tech and Blockchain Professionals to get hired for 100% remote jobs.
We are a first-choice staffing partner of high-growth startups and scale-ups worldwide.
Ready to embrace freedom and flexibility?
With one of our trusted partners, we are hiring at least three more
Senior Java Developers
Our partner is a global remote-first company since its inception over a decade ago.
Their goal is to bring extraordinary engineering minds to innovative product discovery, build and scale.
They commit to delivering products that work while employing seasoned technology professionals from around the world.
As a Senior Java Software Engineer, you will be part of an international team, further developing an analytics platform for modern data infrastructure. The platform is designed for teams to leverage complex analysis on customer behavior. As a core part of the team, you will be constantly improving the solution and taking it to the next level.
- 5+ years of experience working with scalable distributed system architectures using modern cloud infrastructure
- Solid programming experience with Java, as well as, different data structures, algorithms, and techniques needed
- Strong mastery of JVM, from a low-level perspective, including but not limited to memory allocation, garbage collection, and bit shifting
- Good understanding of how data flows through the machine and implications of data types
- Strong experience utilizing cloud providers such as AWS or GCP
- Familiar with building systems for integrating various customer data
- Advanced level of both spoken and written English language
- Familiar with data science/ machine learning techniques
- Experience with distributed data stores like Cassandra, HBase, Hive, Druid, Clickhouse, etc.
- Work on mission-critical software with a focus on scalability, reliability, and low latency
- Develop and implement new functionality for a real-time distributed query engine, while working with massive data sets
- Research and develop solutions to scale the system and eliminate performance bottlenecks
- Build systems to support easier integration of customer data
Perks and benefits
- 100% work from anywhere, anytime
- Awesomely culture with a diverse team based across 20+ countries
- Generous PTO including vacation, national holidays, sick days, etc.
- Personal development path
- Constant feedback, regular performance reviews
- Team bonding events, several times per year
- Professional environment with high standards and best practices
- Frequent team gatherings
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Your job search is strictly confidential.
Subscribe to our weekly job alerts and be the first to hear about the latest remote job offers.