We’re hiring a Senior DevOps / SRE Engineer
Full time, Permanent, Remote job anywhere in Bulgaria
For one of our FinTech partners, we are hiring a full time Ops Engineer. It's a rapidly growing international company with an R&D Center in Bulgaria. The technology team is located in Bulgaria and has always been fully remote. They have people in Sofia, Plovdiv, Burgas, Varna, Ruse and other cities.
On a good day at this job, you will:
- Design, test, implement and provision new services and ops/infrastructure solutions.
- Do experiments and proofs-of-concept to find the best solution to a problem, optimising for reliability, observability, security, ease of maintenance, developer UX and cost-efficiency.
- Work closely with the dev team on anything that is infrastructure-related.
- Automate repetitive tasks and help improve the experience of fellow engineers from the dev team.
- Refactor legacy app code and infrastructure, reduce inconsistencies, introduce conventions.
- Debug hairy app infrastructure issues – learn from that, share the knowledge, improve the underlying architecture.
- Learn and spread your knowledge through pairing sessions, documentation, internal blog posts, mentoring, coaching.
This job is for you if you:
- You're proficient and productive in at least one programming language, potentially a scripting one.
- You are comfortable working with Linux/Unix OSes and know a few Bash tricks.
- You have experience with ops work – deploying apps, making sure they work, then debugging and fixing them when they break.
- Security is a paramount concern for you.
- You like problem-solving and getting to the bottom of an issue.
- You know everything breaks and you design systems with that in mind.
- You have a desire to learn and get better at creating scalable, highly available and cost-efficient architectures.
- You’ll be happy helping colleagues with their infrastructure-related questions or issues and you’ll be working to not only expand, but also share your knowledge with the team.
- You’re diligent, constructive, with attention to detail, have strong communication skills and can freely express yourself in English – in both speaking and writing.
As a plus you have experience with any of the following:
- Hashicorp stack – Terraform, Packer, Vault
- Working in the cloud, especially with AWS.
- Docker or other containerisation technology
- Kubernetes or other orchestration solutions
- Building web applications or working with web apps, especially high-volume or high-traffic websites.
- SQL and managing relational databases, especially PostgreSQL
- the ELK stack, Jenkins, Datadog
What is in for you?
- A friendly team of top professionals thriving to grow, lean and be productive together
- Challenging problems to solve
- Freedom to choose stacks, technologies and tools.
- Well structured processes and informal workstyle giving people space and creativity
- Possibility to work 100% remote with full time employment contract
- Corporate Mac or Linux machine and stress-free work environment
- Competitive remuneration with additional medical, life and risk insurance
- Visiting conferences and events locally and internationally
- Monthly team drinks and company off-sites twice per year and
… genuine employee experience
Sounds like a great company to work at? Share your up-to-date CV with us and we’ll get in touch with you:) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Subscribe to our weekly remote job alerts.
Be the first to hear about the latest remote job offers in tech and blockchain worldwide.