Senior Android Developer
Full time, permanent , remote job in Sofia, Bulgaria
We are hiring a talented, dedicated and creative Senior Android Developer.
As a Senior Android Developer you will be joining a digital media conglomerate in the UK and Ireland. Our partner reaches more than 30 million people each week via platforms and products such as newspapers, ad tech and radio stations.
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company culture stands for diversity, flexibility and great team environment. The nurturing atmosphere helps employees to grow so that they can take their career to the next level. Building on your personal development is possible when you get access to training, conferences and learning materials.
Overall, It’s a productive environment where the individual feels valued and its talent gets fully recognized.
Purpose of the role
Being a Senior Android Developer, you’ll be a key component of a team working on the mobile apps of the most popular commercial radio stations in the UK. There is a chance to be promoted to team lead. You’ll interact with product owners and stakeholders, contribute to the technical conversations and ensure that what you build is best in class and fit for purpose. You’ll report in to a Principal Engineer and will help him/her deliver on the technical strategy and tactical implementation. The product development team is distributed between London and Sofia.
- You’ll be involved with the technical direction as well as day to day coding standards and best practices.
- You’ll be a mentor to your peers and team members, a source of technical expertise and will participate in strategic conversations with the rest of engineering and the business.
- 3+ years of commercial Android development experience using Java.
- 1+ years of experience using Kotlin.
- Strong grasp of object-oriented software development and tiered design.
- An ability to deliver solutions with Android UI/UX principles in mind.
- Quality-led approach to development (UI/Unit Testing).
- Experience with Agile methodology, CI/CD tools and practices.
- Experience with mobile development issues related to performance optimisation, caching, security and native components / SDK's.
- Excellent communication skills contextually tailored to various levels of the organisation including external parties.
The company offers
- 25 days paid leave to enjoy with your family and friends
- Premium additional health Insurance for you with an option to add a family member
- Exceptional social package & special discounts
- Multiple tech & non-tech events
- Fruity afternoons & beer Thursdays
- Excellent office location close to metro station
- A wonderful mountain-view terrace available to relax, party & work from
- Free bike parking
This is the perfect chance as a Senior Android Developer to further continue your career growth and personal development as Lead Developer.
To join this forward-thinking, highly professional and collaborative team, send a CV in English with contact details.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
For more remote jobs, Subscribe to our free newsletter that gives you a backstage pass into the world of remote work.