PHP Engineer Team Lead
Full time, Permanent, Remote Job in Bulgaria
Remote IT World helps Tech and Blockchain Professionals to get hired for 100% remote jobs.
We are a first-choice staffing partner of high-growth startups and scale-ups worldwide.
Ready to embrace freedom and flexibility?
With one of our trusted partners, we are hiring a
PHP Engineer Team Lead
Our partner’s mission is to provide a quality transport solution via a user-friendly and easy-to-use mobile app. The app offers route planning and optimization software to control costs and target areas poorly served by public transit. Riders, organizations, and fleet operators get access to 24/7 support, operational monitoring, and contact tracing safety tools.
They’ve built teams in London, Barcelona, and Durban that are all dedicated to providing a brilliant service for riders out there. Currently, they’re working closely with hundreds of high-quality operating partners who share the same passion for providing quality transport solutions.
Nowadays they transport thousands of riders to work, events, and in private groups, delivering a 9.3/10 Trustpilot rating across all journeys. And this is just the beginning!
As a Lead PHP Engineer, you will be working on a smart bus platform for organizations with a mission to build the world’s leading smart mobility platform, enabling access to safe and sustainable transportation for everyday journeys. You will contribute with your expertise to a best-in-class technology platform that connects organizations with riders and operator partners via a route optimization platform, mobile apps, and operations management system. The product also has an ecological impact reducing CO2 emissions.
What you'll do when you join the team
- As a Team Leader, you ensure that the team works well together on a day to day basis to deliver high-quality product improvements within the agreed timelines
- You are motivated to develop the overall capability of the business, your team, and the individuals in your team
- You set a high watermark of quality for the team and lead by example. You work deliberately and intelligently to help everyone in your team grow but you don’t hesitate to address performance issues if they arise
- Solid programming experience with PHP & Frameworks, preferably Symfony
- Expert knowledge of MySQL including advanced data structures and optimization
- Deep understanding of microservice architectures including exposure to different message-passing paradigms (synchronous over HTTP, gRPC, Event-Sourced)
- Sound understanding of software development security
- Experience in delivering code reviews and mentoring/training other developers
- A versatile, practical, pragmatic worker capable of leading development teams to deliver complex features over several sprints
- Extremely reliable delivery and good accuracy when estimating
- Previous work in integrating different systems with different technologies together
- Experience with code profiling and performance optimization
- Familiarity with AWS and modern dev-ops concepts
- Experience with CQRS
- Interest in machine learning and build data-driven solutions
- 25 days paid leave // to enjoy with your family and friends
- Premium additional health Insurance for you with an option to add a family member
- Exceptional social package & special discounts
- Multiple tech & non-tech events
- Fruity afternoons & beer Thursdays
- Excellent office location close to a metro station
- A wonderful mountain-view terrace available to relax and work from
- Free bike parking & showers
Apply now and let's talk if this is the Right opportunity for You!
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Your job search is strictly confidential.
Subscribe to our weekly job alerts and be the first to hear about the latest remote job offers.