We’re hiring Ops Engineer
Full time, Permanent, Remote job anywhere in Bulgaria
For one of our FinTech partners, we are hiring a full time Ops Engineer. It's a rapidly growing international company with an R&D Center in Bulgaria. The technology team is located in Bulgaria and has always been fully remote. They have people in different cities in Bulgaria such as Sofia, Plovdiv, Burgas, Varna, Ruse and a lot more.
On a good day at this job, you will:
- Design, test, implement and provision new services.
- Do experiments and proofs-of-concept to find the best solution to a problem.
- Work closely with the dev team on anything that is infrastructure-related.
- Automate repetitive tasks.
- Debug issues.
- Refactor legacy infrastructure, reduce inconsistencies, introduce conventions.
- Learn and spread your knowledge through pairing sessions, documentation, internal blog posts, mentoring, coaching.
- Ensure services are up and participate in the on-call & on-duty rotation.
This job is for you if you:
- You are comfortable working with Linux/Unix OSes and know a few Bash tricks.
- You have a couple of years of experience with ops work – deployment services, making sure they work, then debugging and fixing them when they break.
- You like it when things are neat and tidy but you don’t cringe in the face of a muddy legacy codebase – instead, you roll up your sleeves and start shovelling.
- Security is a paramount concern for you.
- You like problem-solving and getting to the bottom of an issue.
- You know everything breaks and you design systems with that in mind.
- You have a desire to learn and get better at creating scalable, highly available and cost-efficient architectures.
- You’ll be happy helping colleagues with their infrastructure-related questions or issues and you’ll be working to not only expand but also share your knowledge with the team.
- You’re diligent, constructive, with attention to detail, have strong communication skills and can freely express yourself in English – in both speaking and writing.
As a plus you have experience with any of the following:
- Experience with Ansible.
- Experience with the Hashicorp stack – Terraform, Packer, Vault.
- Networking knowledge and experience.
- Experience with working in the cloud, especially with AWS.
- Experience with Docker or other containerisation technology.
- Experience with Kubernetes or other orchestration solutions.
- Experience with building web applications or working with web apps, especially high-volume or high-traffic websites.
- Decent knowledge of Ruby, Python, or another scripting language.
- Experience with SQL and managing relational databases, especially PostgreSQL.
- Experience with the ELK stack, Jenkins, Datadog
What is in for you?
- A friendly team of top professionals thriving to grow, lean and be productive together
- Challenging problems to solve
- Freedom to choose stacks, technologies and tools.
- Well structured processes and informal workstyle giving people space and creativity
- Possibility to work 100% remote with full time employment contract
- Corporate Mac or Linux machine and stress-free work environment
- Competitive remuneration with additional medical, life and risk insurance
- Visiting conferences and events locally and internationally
- Monthly team drinks and company off-sites twice per year and
… genuine employee experience
Sounds like a great company to work at? Share your up-to-date CV with us and we’ll get in touch with you:) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Subscribe to our weekly job alerts and newsletter to be the first to hear about the latest remote job offers.