Mid/Senior iOS Developer
Full time, permanent, remote job in Sofia, Bulgaria
As a Mid/Senior iOS Developer you will be joining a digital media conglomerate in the UK and Ireland. Our partner reaches more than 30 million people each week via platforms and products such as newspapers, ad tech and radio stations.
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company culture stands for diversity, flexibility and great team environment. The nurturing atmosphere helps employees to grow so that they can take their career to the next level. Building on your personal development is possible when you get access to training, conferences and learning materials.
Overall, It’s a productive environment where the individual feels valued and its talent gets fully recognized.
Purpose of the role
Being a Mid/ Senior iOS Developer in this team you will work alongside other engineers, product owners and stakeholders based in London and Sofia to lead and steer the technical conversations and ensure that what is built is best in class and fit for purpose. Working with the Head of Engineering, you’ll be responsible for the technical strategy and tactical implementation, as well as helping with hiring, growing and running our team.
- You’ll be involved with the technical direction for our iOS products as well as day to day coding standards and best practices.
- You’ll be a mentor to your peers and team members, a source of technical expertise.
You will participate in strategic conversations with the rest of engineering and the business.
- 3+ years commercial development of mobile applications on the iOS platform
- 2+ years using Swift.
- Strong grasp of object-oriented software development and tiered design.
- An ability to deliver solutions with iOS UI/UX principles in mind.
- Quality-led approach to development (UI/Unit Testing).
- Experience with Agile methodologies, CI/CD tools and practices .
- Experience with mobile development issues related to performance optimisation, caching, security and native components / SDK's.
- Excellent communication skills contextually tailored to various levels of the organisation including external parties.
The company offers
- 25 days paid leave to enjoy with your family and friends
- Premium additional health Insurance for you with an option to add a family member
- Exceptional social package & special discounts
- Multiple tech & non-tech events
- Fruity afternoons & beer Thursdays
- Excellent office location close to metro station
- A wonderful mountain-view terrace available to relax, party & work from
- Free bike parking
This is the perfect as a Senior iOS developer to grow into team leadership. To join this forward-thinking, highly professional and collaborative team, send a CV in English with contact details.
For more remote jobs, Subscribe to our free newsletter that gives you a backstage pass into the world of remote work.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.