Java Software Engineer
Full time, Permanent, Remote Job anywhere in Europe
Remote IT World helps Tech and Blockchain Professionals to get hired for 100% remote jobs.
We are a first-choice staffing partner of high-growth startups and scale-ups worldwide.
Ready to embrace freedom and flexibility?
With one of our trusted partners, we are hiring a
Java Software Engineer
Our client is an innovative global identity verification product for the sharing economy and financial markets. This exciting ID solution uses the latest social, biometric, image processing and machine learning technologies to solve the problem of knowing who you are dealing with whether they are next door or on the other side of the world. Unlike existing solutions, it does not rely on access to electronic databases to verify identities and is therefore a truly global solution.
The company also offers other identity verification solutions to help businesses comply with Anti Money Laundering (AML) / Know Your Customer (KYC) regulations.
They strive to maintain a company culture that encourages and supports professional growth and continuous learning and still allows for a reasonable work-life balance.
- You will participate in defining technical solutions and code architectures in a close-knit team and will be responsible for development and delivery of secure, production-ready code with a particular emphasis on computer vision and neural net based image processing. The ideal candidate will be someone who genuinely enjoys writing code and has a high standard of quality in that regard;
- You will be working in a fast-paced organization to deliver excellent solutions for our demanding customer service and operations requirements. You should be able to work autonomously and within a team and be able to contribute ideas to the features/products you will be developing which means you can work from high level requirements.
- Minimum 5 years commercial software development experience
- 3+ years’ experience with Java
- 2 years using Spring MVC
- Linux systems / Bash
- Experienced in participating in workshops to identify and define user requirements
- Experience of developing high and complex transaction, multi-threaded systems
- Experience of developing highly interactive websites/apps and familiarity with the challenges involved
- Experience in integrated environments using managed source control systems such as Git
- Familiarity with OWASP secure coding.
- Responsible for development and delivery of end to end features and projects
- To work closely with team members to take projects from conceptual design concepts
- Review code of other developers to promote best coding practices
- Development of new features and products processes
- Compliance with company policies, standards, procedures and guidelines
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Self-motivated with strong team spirit
- Passionate about code quality
- Excellent task organization skills
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interest in emerging technologies and software processes
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Git / Gerrit / Gitlab
- IDEA, Gradle, Maven
- Experience with High Availability environments
- Experience with / Interest Continuous Deployment/Integration in a secure environment
- Experience working in an ISO 27001 compliant environment
- Experience with Computer Vision (e.g. OpenCV, dlib)
- Experience with Deep Learning (e.g. Tensorflow)
- Selenium / Web driver
- AWS or similar cloud service
Perks and benefits/ Company Offer
- Flexible working approaches like work from home
- Social events through the year
- Private healthcare
- Multisport / Sport Pass Card
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Your job search is strictly confidential.
Subscribe to our weekly job alerts and be the first to hear about the latest remote job offers.