Java Backend Developer
Full time, Permanent, Remote, Hybrid Job in Sofia, Bulgaria
Remote IT World helps Tech and Blockchain Professionals to get hired for 100% remote jobs.
We are a first-choice staffing partner of high-growth startups and scale-ups worldwide.
Ready to embrace freedom and flexibility?
With one of our trusted FinTech partners, we are hiring a
Java Backend Developer
Our partner is awarded the best Fintech StartUp in Bulgaria by CESA in 2019 and 2022. With over 100,000 users in Bulgaria, their mobile product is a unique combination of Digital Banking Platform and Banking as a Service.
It is a multifunctional digital wallet. This powerful and innovative solution is used by various payment institutions across Europe as well as hundreds of thousands of end-users.
Their ultimate mission is to build the largest fintech platform in Europe and change the way we manage our finances.
About the role
As a Java Backend Developer, you will be working closely with the team lead, software architect and other team members to design and implement new services and features, as well as improve and extend the existing ones.
The Java backend developer is expected to produce clean quality code following best practice guidelines for development process, coding style, revision control, security practices, maintainability and testability. You will have to write automated tests, review code and be open to feedback when your code is reviewed.
- Fluent in Java
- At least 3 years of backend development experience
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience with RDBMS/SQL databases (PostgreSQL)
- Experience with design and implementation of RESTful JSON APIs, HTTP and Client-Server communication
- Write well-structured, clean, testable, and maintainable code
- Write unit and integration tests with JUnit, and Mockito or other mocking frameworks
- Experience with Gradle or other build tools
- Experience with Git version control system and branching strategies
- Experience with Linux (or macOS) for a development environment
- Ability to cooperate and communicate with other team members effectively and effortlessly
- Proactive attitude, desire to learn, adaptive and self-motivated personality
- Personal responsibility towards the work processes and ability to self-organise without the need of any micromanagement
- Very good English
- Microservices architecture, distributed systems and asynchronous patterns
- Any message queues: AWS SQS, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc.
- Security and applied cryptography
- Any other programming languages, platforms and frameworks for Backend development
The Company offer
- Competitive salary and share options package;
- Ample career and personal development opportunities;
- A combination between remote working & great office location, who said you can not have it all 🙂
- Work on own product and not dealing with legacy systems;
- Friendly environment and human-centered culture;
- Not stuck in routine work, daily challenges;
- Work with modern technologies;
- Flexible working hours.
- Introductory call with C-level executives - 1 hour
- Technical Interview - 1 hour
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Your job search is strictly confidential.
👉 Subscribe to our weekly job alerts and be the first to hear about the latest remote job offers.