Front-End Shopify Developer
Full time, Permanent, Remote job in Europe and South America
Our partner is a global remote-first company since its inception over a decade ago.
Their goal is to bring extraordinary engineering minds to innovative product discovery, build and scale.
They commit to delivering products that work while employing seasoned technology professionals from around the world.
About the role
As a part of a small product team with passionate and seasoned developers, you will be responsible for the development of new sites, pages, and features. Understanding the logic behind design patterns and architecture, and know-how to engineer complex behaviors and components, your work will include front-end development as well as assistance in configuring Shopify and custom apps.
What will you do when you join the team
- Design and develop customer-focused solutions on the Shopify platform
- Assist the PM in discussing functionality, requirements, and technical solutions
- Contribute to architecture decisions and scaling solutions to meet customer expectations
- Create high-level technical design documentation
- Ensure new and legacy features/ apps meet quality standards
- Work collaboratively with a small team to create beautiful products at scale
- Focus on agile development processes, with the ability to make changes on the go
- Strong background in the eCommerce environment
- Expert in Shopify Plus, Shopify Liquid template language
- Experience working with Admin API and Storefront API
- Experience with Shopify instance management and configuration
- Good UX/UI skills and experience developing front-ends via provided Sketch or Photoshop Files
- Good knowledge of AJAX or jQuery
- Experience with code version/branching tools like Git or SVN
- Experience testing your code, including writing unit tests
- Excellent English communication skills – written and spoken
- Awareness of the Marketing Events, Discounts, Gift Cards and their configurations in Shopify
- 100% work from everywhere
- Awesomely culture with a diverse team based across 20+ countries
- Generous PTO including vacation, national holidays, sick days etc.
- Personal development path
- Constant feedback, regular performance reviews
- Team bonding events, several times per year
- Professional environment with high standards and best practices
- Frequent team gatherings
- Get-to-know conversation with HR around 30 min
- Deep technical discussion with TL and PM around 1 hour
Are you the Shopify Developer we are looking for?
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Subscribe to our weekly job alerts and newsletter to be the first to hear about the latest remote job offers.