Full time, Permanent, Remote job, Europe and South America
Our partner is an international product development company launched back in 2008.
They are stable and eager to hire a Database Engineer to work fully remotely.
The company is headquartered in New York, USA.
Their 120-employee team operates remotely, distributed across 19 countries.
The official communication language is English.
The Database Engineer is responsible for continuously pushing the boundaries of the company’s data infrastructure capabilities through the development of tools to improve infrastructure leverage, collaborating with engineers across various teams to on-board and support new products, and continuing to drive improvements to the resiliency and availability of database platforms.
What will you do
- Monitor and ensure the availability of highly transactional production on premise databases as well as Azure SQL Database and AWS RDS
- You will be responsible for HA and DR of the RDBMS
- Support developers with T-SQL and handle data manipulation, performance tuning and indexing
- Provide input for technical analysis
- Automate manual processes using a scripting language (powershell, python)
- Ensure the performance of MySQL Server and PostgreSQL databases is stable and optimal, replications work as expected
- Set up additional alerts to monitor the on-premise and cloud environments
What you should bring
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- Advanced SQL scripting experience
- Experience with cloud environments like Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Experience of deploying SQL Server in a virtualized environment
- Thorough knowledge of SSRS and SSIS
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Ability to work at 7am - 3pm EST
- Experience with database modeling tools
- Good knowledge of MySQL environments
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL databases
- Knowledge of InnoDB clusters
- Experience with clustering, Always ON availability groups and partitioning
- Any IT certifications will be considered as a big advantage
What’s in for you
- 100% allowance to work from home at a company with established remote culture. They are pioneers of the remote work model and were working distantly even before Covid-19:)
- 20 days of paid vacation
- National holidays compliance (no matter what country you’re from)
- Team bonding events, several times per year
- Continuous growth with bi-annual appraisals for consistent self-improvement and goal setting
- Dynamic environment with regional exposure in an ever-evolving global industry
- Professional and supportive work culture
- Ability to work from your comfortable home office
- English would become your mother tongue:)
Sounds exciting? You’re welcomed to apply! Send us CV in english with contact details. Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.