Full time, Permanent, Remote Job in Europe
Remote IT World helps Tech and Blockchain Professionals to get hired for 100% remote jobs.
We are a first-choice staffing partner of high-growth startups and scale-ups worldwide.
Ready to embrace freedom and flexibility?
With one of our trusted partners, we are hiring a
Our partner is a global remote-first company since its inception over a decade ago. Their current team exceeds 130 senior professionals in tech fully distributed across 20+ countries worldwide.
The company goal is to bring extraordinary engineering minds to innovative product discovery, build and scale.
They commit to delivering products that work while employing seasoned technology professionals from around the world.
The Database Engineer will be responsible for continuously pushing the boundaries of the company’s data infrastructure capabilities through the development of tools to improve infrastructure leverage, collaborating with engineers across various teams to onboard and support new products, and continuing to drive improvements to resiliency and availability of database platforms.
- Monitor and ensure the availability of highly transactional production on-premise databases as well as AWS RDS
- You will be responsible for HA and DR of the RDBMS
- Support developers with T-SQL and handle data manipulation, performance tuning, and indexing
- Provide input for technical analysis
- Ensure the performance of SQL Server databases is stable and optimal
- Set up additional alerts to monitor the on-premise and cloud environments
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
- Advanced SQL scripting experience
- Experience with Amazon AWS
- Experience in deploying SQL Server in a virtualized environment
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Ability to work at 7 am - 3 pm EST
- Experience with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL will be a great plus
- Previous contact with different Cloud Services such as Azure, GCP, and Oracle Cloud
- 100% work from anywhere, anytime
- Awesomely culture with a diverse team based across 20+ countries
- Generous PTO including vacation, national holidays, sick days etc.
- Personal development path
- Constant feedback, regular performance reviews
- Team bonding events, several times per year
- Professional environment with high standards and best practices
- Frequent team gatherings
- Get-to-know conversation with HR - 30 min
- Deep technical interview (no coding tasks) - 1 hour
- Optional - PM or C-level interview rarely happens but is still possible
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Your job search is strictly confidential.
Subscribe to our weekly job alerts and be the first to hear about the latest remote job offers.