Data Crawling Lead
Full Time, Permanent, Remote, Romania
Our partner is an international product development company launched back in 2008.
They are stable and eager to hire a Data Crawling Lead to work fully remotely.
The company is headquartered in New York, USA.
Their 120-employee team operates remotely, distributed across 19 countries.
The official communication language is English.
Your role will be to build out a data acquisition team as part of a larger product team.
You will bring your expertise in data crawling, analytical mind, keen eye for detail and leadership abilities into building a team that will acquire significant amounts of data to feed groundbreaking products redefining enterprise software.
This is a startup environment and the company expects you to be able to work hands-on as needed and mentor and build a functional team.
- Work closely with the clients to identify and acquire data, crawl information from multiple online data sources
- Define the strategy and tools to be used for web crawlers, web scrapers and other automation tools, to help extract the content
- Lead a team of web crawling engineers and be responsible for their mentorship
- Drive change by staying up to date with the data science trends and technologies
Do we describe your expertise?
- Previous experience leading a team and defining workload
- Previous hands-on experience working in a web crawling role is a must
- Senior expertise in Java and experience working with high volume web crawling/scraping
- Experience with Java related frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate
- Experience working with open source tools such as ApacheNutch, StormCrawler etc.
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle and NoSQL databases
- Experience with queuing systems like RabbitMQ / AMQP, Kafka, JMS, Amazon Kinesis
- Experience with JSON, REST API, HTML, XML
- Familiarity with supplying data to support machine learning efforts a plus
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch, AWS and the process of scaling and approaches
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Ability to work at 7am - 3pm EST
What is in for you?
- 100% allowance to work from home at a company with established remote culture. They are pioneers of the remote work model and were working distantly even before Covid-19:)
- Health and medical insurance subscription
- 20 days of paid vacation
- National holidays compliance
- Team bonding events, several times per year
- Continuous growth with bi-annual appraisals for consistent self-improvement and goal setting
- Dynamic environment with regional exposure in an ever-evolving global industry
- Fun and lively work culture
- Free morning hours as you’ll have Eastern US Time work schedule
- English would become your mother tongue:)
Are you excited to thrive in this company as their Data Crawling Lead?
So we are to help you get there. Send us an up-to-date CV with contact details and we will get in touch with you.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.